Sunday, January 25, 2009

Now I can...


...check this off my list.  I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time now, and today is the day that I'm doing it.  :)  I don't have any specific plans for this blog.  I suppose it'll be a way keep in touch with family and friends, but also a place for myself--a place to think, journal, and post photos... and remember the little stories from our daily life.

Today Emily is a little sick.  Our sweet baby girl has a slight fever and isn't running around with quite her normal exuberance.  She's currently draped across me as I sit on the couch typing.  She just awoke from her nap, but she's not quite ready to get up and face the world again, so she's lying here...snoring :)  Actually, we're probably a pretty funny sight.  It definitely wasn't planned, but we're wearing these matching shirts that my parents gave us.  They're both pink with the outline of the state of Iowa.  Inside 'Iowa' hers has a heart, and mine says "homegrown".  (..if only we hadn't lost our camera battery charger...)  It's silly, but perfect for a day lounging around home. 

Speaking of lounging, this couch is the best for naps.  It's cushy and comfy and in our (relatively) new house, the living room has huge beautiful windows, so when I lay on the couch I have a gorgeous view outside of the trees and sky.  We have so much to be thankful for... so many little blessings that make this life what it is.

Well, that's all I have for now...time to go figure out how all of this blog stuff works.  I know lots of people have been doing this for years, but today is just the beginning for me, and I'm thankful for that too.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite photos from 2009 so far.  Emily at the beach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment